FETAC Level 5 Occupational First Aid Refresher Course
FETAC Level 5 Occupational First Aid Refresher Course is a legislative requirement for all first aiders to ensure that they keep up to date with developments in First Aid Practice while also refreshing skills that may only be occasionally used. This course will keep a current First Aid Certificate in-date so that you can continue as an occupational first aider in the workplace.
Important: Refresher training should be repeated every two years.
Next Course dates: Monthly
Course Duration: 1 day
Times: 9.30am – 5.00pm
Venue: B2 Centre Point, Business Park, Dublin 12
The training course can also be delivered at your premises at any time.
Occupational First Aid Refresher Course Content
- -First Aid in the workplace
- -Legal requirements and the role of the First Aider
- -Patient Assessment: Primary survey, vital signs, protecting casualties with suspected neck injuries.
- -Respiratory Emergencies
- -Cardiac First Response: The chain of survival; calling for an ambulance, starting CPR and using a Defibrillator.
- -Wounds and Bleeding: how to deal with blood injuries, how to recognise different types of wounds and how to treat them, minimising the consequences of internal bleeding.
- -Altered levels of consciousness how to treat shock and the recovery position. Treating a casualty with loss of consciousness.
- -Musculoskeletal Injuries: treatment of broken bones, sprains, strains and dislocations.
- -Burns and scalds, chemicals, electric shock: causes and treatment of burns, electric shock & electrocution, poisoning.
(Content of course is similar to 3 day course as the aim is to refresh prior knowledge, topics are therefore covered at a faster pace.)
Guardian Safety Trainers
Guardian Safety is a FETAC registered training provider and all are trainers are fully qualified Occupational First Aid instructors registered with OFAAA (The Occupational First Aid Assessment Agent)
Maximum Participants per Course 10
Who Should Attend
Those who wish to continue in their role as Occupational First Aider and update their skills.
This is a highly interactive course with emphasis on practice and demonstration. Assessment is by written test and practical skills exam.
Basic life savings skills 40%
Examination (short answer question) 30%
Skills demonstration (x 2) 30%
FETAC Level 5 Occupational First Aid Refresher Certification
A Guardian Safety “FETAC Level 5 Occupational First Aid Refresher” certificate is awarded to participants on successful completion of course. This should be kept as evidence that First Aid skills have been updated.
Refresher Training & Certification Validity Period
Refresher First Aid certificate is valid for 2 years and can be renewed every two years on completion of the 1 day refresher course. (Note those whose Certificates have lapsed are required to re-sit the 3 day Occupational First Aid course)
DVD and lap/top projector are used. Notes on Occupational First Aid are available to all participants. A full range of occupational first aid equipment is utilised as part of this training.
Special Instructions for this Course
Any special needs/ requirements should be identified at time of booking.
How to Book
Phone 01-4243013 or 085-7177021
Book on line Occupational First Aid Refresher
Other Training Courses You May Be Interested In
People/ Patient Handling Course
Manual Handling Training