FETAC Level 5 Occupational First Aid Training Course
On completion of this Occupational First Aid course participants will be able to provide necessary first aid within the workplace, deal with emergencies and implement essential life saving skills (apply CPR and use Automated External Defibrillator) as required by the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007.
Next Course dates: 7th, 10th, & 17th of November
Course Duration: 3 days
Times: 9.30 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
Venue: B2 Centre Point, Business Park, Dublin 12
The training course can also be delivered at your premises at any time.
FETAC Level 5 Occupational First Aid Training Course Content
- -First Aid in the workplace: legal requirements and the role of the First Aider
- -Patient Assessment: Primary survey, vital signs, protecting casualties with suspected neck injuries
- -Respiratory Emergencies
- -Cardiac First Response: The chain of survival; calling for an ambulance, starting CPR and using a Defibrillator.
- -Wounds and Bleeding: How to deal with blood injuries, how to recognise different types of -wounds and how to treat them, minimising the consequences of internal bleeding.
- -Altered levels of consciousness how to treat shock and the recovery position. Treating a casualty with loss of consciousness.
- -Musculoskeletal Injuries: Treatment of broken bones, sprains, strains and dislocations.
- -Burns and scalds, chemicals, electric shock: causes and treatment of burns, electric shock & electrocution, poisoning.
Maximum Participants per Course 10
Who Should Attend: Anyone who wishes to train and be certified as an Occupational First Aider.
Assessment: This is a highly interactive course with emphasis on practice and demonstration. Assessment is by written test and practical skills exam.
Basic life savings skills (CPR) 40%
Skills demonstration (x 2) 40%
Examination (short answer question) 20%
FETAC Level 5 Occupational First Aid Certification
An “Occupational First Aid FETAC Level 5” certificate is awarded to participants on successful completion of course.
Refresher Training / Certification Validity Period
Occupational First Aid certificate is valid for 2 years and can be renewed on completion of a 1 day refresher course.
DVD and lap/top projector are used. Notes on Occupational First Aid are available to all course participants. A full range of occupational first aid equipment is utilised as part of this training.
Special Instructions for this Course
Any special needs or requirements should be identified at time of booking.
How to Book
Phone 01-4243013 or 085-7177021
Book on line FETAC Level 5 Occupational First Aid
Occupational First Aid Training Course Testimonials:
Other Training Courses You May Be Interested In