Childcare Manual Handling Training Course
Childcare Manual Handling Training Course
Childcare Manual Handling Training Course Next Course Dates: Contact us for further details
Course Duration: 3 hours
Venue: B2 Centre Point, Business Park, Dublin 12
Childcare Manual Handling training courses can also be delivered at your premises at any time.
Our childcare manual handling training is designed specifically for people working with children. Throughout the day most people carry out many movements, lifting, lowering, pulling, carrying or moving objects and children, this can result in strain on the back due to poor habits carried out over many months or years. People unfortunately don’t think about their back until they are in pain, by then the damage is done.
The aim of our childcare manual handling training course is to give people working with children the knowledge and understanding of not
how to lift correctly and how to look after their back. More importantly we will advise people on when they should not to lift and simply ask for help instead.
As part of our childcare manual handling training we will visit your the premises at least 30 mins before the training session starts to assess the manual handling risks so we can make our training specific to you.
Our health and safety element of our course will also be specific to childcare. Our instructor will give advice on helath and safety in childcare, with an emphasis put on specific accident trends to help you manage your health and safety.
Childcare Manual Handling Training Course Objectives
Practice of safe manual handling within Childcare includes handling children as well as inanimate loads, the childcare manual handling training course will teach you how to:-
- How to handle inanimate and animate loads safely
- Movement in nappy changing
- Working on the floor
- Working at low levels
- Bath/bed transfer
- Lifting a child
- Side to side transfer of child
- Walking a child
- Recognise a load which is too heavy or awkward
- Understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
- Conduct a manual handling risk assessment
- Lift and handle inanimate loads safely.
- Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
- Manual handling legislation
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- How the body is harmed through incorrect manual handling techniques
- Importance of physical fitness
Guardian Safety Trainers
Guardian Safety is a FETAC registered training provider and all instructors are fully qualified childcare manual handling trainers and also people/patient handling instructors, having achieved Level 6 in the National Framework of Qualifications.
Participants per course Maximum of 12 participants
Who Should Attend
Any-one whose work includes Manual Handling activities i.e. the handling of children that includes lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving of children or loads, where those activities are likely to lead to back injury.
Theory test, followed by a practical assessment of safe manual handling lifting.
Refresher Training & Certification Validity Period
Refresher training is recommended at intervals not greater than 3 years.
Manual Handling Certification
Guardian Safety Manual Handling Certificates are awarded to all participants upon successful completion of course.
Special Instructions For This Course
Course participants should wear loose fitting comfortable clothing (trousers) and closed toe shoes.
Any special needs/requirements should be identified at time of booking.
How to book
Phone 01-4243013 or 085-7177021
Book on line Childcare Manual Handling Course
Other Courses You May Be Interested In
- Abrasive Wheels Instructor Training Course
- Abrasive Wheels Training Course
- Basic Fire Safety Training Course
- Basic Food Safety Training Course
- Childcare Manual Handling Training Course
- Fire Safety Manager Training Course
- Fire Warden (Marshal) Training Course
- Fire Warden-Marshal Instructors Training Course
- Food Safety Training
- Manual Handling Training Course
- People-Patient Handling Training Course
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) Training
- Primary Food Safety Hygiene Training Course
- Safe Pass Training Course
- Special Needs Manual Handling & People Handling for Carers