FETAC Level 4 Basic Guarding Skills Training Course 4N1118
We no longer Run this Course Please see RFC Securitys website Click Here
This FETAC Level 4 Guarding Skills Training Course 4N1118 qualification provides participants with the minimum training requirements, determined to apply for the Private Security Authority (PSA) Guarding Skills License.
Under new FETAC requirements this course requires 100 hrs learning; 30 hours must be contact time which can only be achieved by attending 4 X 7.5 hours training days. To make up the remaining 70 hours you will be required to conduct a home study element of the course prior to attending, covering the more theoretical aspects of the program.
Important:- This course cannot be delivered in less than 4 days as its breaching FETAC’s mandatory contact-time for trainees. The course content is very comprehensive and requires the participant to have a diverse range of skills on completion of the training which can only be provided in the time allotted.
FETAC Level 4 Guarding Skills Training Course Content
- Introduction to the Security Industry
- Roles & Responsibilities in Guarding Skills
- Health and Safety – (Company and Employee Responsibilities)
- The Law – (Dealing with children, The court system)
- Relevant Legislation
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Employment Equality Legislation
- Communications and Reporting
- Customer Care and Social Skills
- Risk Awareness
- Arrest Techniques
- Drugs & Drugs Awareness
- Emergency Procedures
- Communications & Reporting
- Fire Safety Training
- Practical Security Procedures and Techniques
- Dealing with violence & conflict resolution
- Role and Responsibilities of the Security Officer
- Searching – (Right of Search)
- Access Control
- Fire Awareness
- Security and Emergency Systems
This course is highly practical and training includes the use of:
- Fire Extinguishers on-site at The Training Centre.
- Two-way radios.
- Use our in-house CCTV system.
- Searching techniques and various types of role-play.
Credit Value 10
- Combined – Guarding Skills (retail security) & Door Security Procedures
For only €120 extra, we will combine the two courses for you, and in return you will receive certification in:
- QQI/FETAC Level 4 Guarding Skills (4N1118)
- QQI/FETAC Level 4 Door Security Procedures (4N1114)
Guardian Safety Trainers
Guardian Safety is a FETAC registered training provider and all instructors are qualified trainers having achieved Level 6 in the National Framework of Qualifications. All course instructors are qualified security consultants having worked in the security industry for decades, both in Ireland and abroad.
Maximum Participants Per Course 15
Who Should Attend
Those involved in the security or event management industries, and those wishing to apply for PSA licence.
Assessment is by Theory test, two skills tests and an assignment which the participant must complete.
Guarding Skills FETAC Level 4 Certification
A ‘Door Security Procedures Level 4’ is accredited by QQI/FETAC certificates are awarded to participants on completion of course. Participants will be assisted with application for PSA licence also.
Special Instructions for this Course
All students attending the course must have with them:
- 1 recent (less than 12 months old) personal passport size photographs.
- PPS number
- A form of Identification (Drivers licence, Passport or Social Welfare card)
(Note Participants who attend without their Photographs may have them taken on the day for additional cost of €5)
How to Book
Phone 01-4243013 or 085-7177021
Book on line FETAC Level 4 Basic Guarding Skills Training Course
Other Courses You May Be Interested In