A High Court judges Findings
- The workstation was a contributing factor in her condition, but was not the cause.
- The temperature in the room varied affected her sinuses
- Drawers under her desk caused her to sit crooked.
- The desk was in an awkward position.
- No risk assessment was performed on the woman’s work station.
- The court had difficulty in finding that the defects in the workstation caused her condition, but stated they were a contributing factor. The court awarded €15,000 plus €1000 for special damages, totalling €16,000. Plus, €4,000 for medical and other costs. The potential loss here could have been up to €64,500 according to The Book of Quantum.
- Have you carried out VDU/DSE Risk Assessment for your staff????
- Contact Guardian Safety for more details, click the link below.