Health & Safety Courses
Evacuation Chair Training Course
This is a practical course designed to teach key employees how to use the Evac+Chair safely so that they can evacuate people who need assistance or cannot evacuate themselves.
How is the training deliverd
This Course is delivered privately at the customer’s premises, its delivered in person by one of our specialist instructors.
The aim of this evacuation chair training course is to give participants the skills and confidence, to safely evacuate employees or visitors that have mobility issues and cannot self-evacuate without assistance.
On completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
- assemble the evacuation chair correctly
- mount a person into the chair with risk of injury.
- encourage the user of the chair to feel safe under your care.
- descend a stairwell without risk of injury to yourself or the user of the chair.
- understand the difference between a place of relative safety and a place of safety.
- make a decision if a person must be left in a refuge area.
- understand when the evacuation chair is not suitable for a safe evacuation.
- Understanding fire safety
- How Fire Travels
- Evacuation Procedures
- Personal Emergency Evacuation Planning (PEEPS)
- Manual Handling – principals of safe lifting in and out of the chair, as well as handling the chair.
- Chair Assembly
- Putting the chair user at ease
- Moving & Transfer of Evacuee from office, corridor, or landing to stairs
- Descending the stairs
- Practical use of the chair under various scenarios
- Moving to the assembly point
On successful completion of this course, participants will receive a certificate for “Evacuation Chair Training” which will be awarded by Guardian Safety. This Cert will be valid for 2 years.
This is a class 1 medical device, therefore training must be refreshed at intervals of 2 years.
Attendees must hold a valid Manual Handling Certificate before they attend Evacuation Chair Training.
if attendees don’t have a valid cert we offer full manual handling training online
Number of Participants Per Course
The maximum number of users per course is 6.
Other Courses you May Be Interested in
First Aid – PHECC
We are certified by Evac+Chair. We are one of the very few companies in Ireland that are actually certified by Evac+Chair as a trainer.
Our trainers must undergo extensive refresher training every two years to ensure they are certified to deliver training. This ensures that we are current with the manufacturer’s requirements and current medical guidelines for training.