Manual Handling Training Course
The Manual Handling course provided by Guardian Safety is designed to instruct employees in the theory and practice of safe manual handling. To comply with Part 4 Chapter 2 of the “General Application Regulation Regulations 2007, Manual Handling of Loads”, which states that staff engaged in manual handling must be given training in the safe moving of loads.
This Course runs: Fridays from 9.30 AM – 1.00 PM
Also Monthly with Abrasive Wheels (please enquire)
Course Duration: 3-4 hours
Venue: C1 Centre Point, Business Park, Dublin 12
The training course can also be delivered at your premises at any time.
Click here to read a testimonial
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- -Recognize a load which is too heavy or awkward
- -Understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
- -Conduct a manual handling risk assessment
- -Lift and handle loads safely.
- -Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
- -Manual handling legislation
- -Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- -Principles of levers and laws of motion
- -Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- -How the body is harmed through incorrect techniques
- -Importance of physical fitness
- -Personal protective equipment
- -How to handle loads safely
- -Practice in the safe manual handling of loads to include:-
- -Lifting to and from ground level
- -Lifting to and from a height
- -Lifting to and from a Bench
- -Team Lifting
- -Lifting bags/sacks or other loads appropriate to the workplace
Guardian Safety Trainers
Guardian Safety is a FETAC registered training provider and all instructors are fully qualified manual handling trainers, having achieved Level 6 in the National Framework of Qualifications. All course instructors hold a Train the Trainer qualification and are qualified safety practitioners holding at a minimum of a Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
Participants per course Maximum of 12 participants
Who Should Attend
Anyone whose work includes Manual Handling activities i.e. the transporting or supporting of loads that includes lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving of heavy or awkward loads, where those activities are likely to lead to back injury.
Theory test, followed by a practical assessment of safe manual handling lifting.
Refresher Training & Certification Validity Period
Refresher training is recommended at intervals not greater than 3 years.
DVD and laptop/projector presentation are used. Notes are provided for each participant.
Guardian Safety Certificates are awarded to all participants upon successful completion of course.
Special Instructions For This Course
Course participants should wear loose fitting comfortable clothing (trousers) and closed toe shoes.
Any special needs/requirements should be identified at the time of booking.
“Guardian Safety provided Manual Handling and People Handling training for all of our staff team. The schedule of courses were professionally organised and co-ordinated and the training delivery was excellent. They tailored it specifically to meet our needs. Highly recommended.”
– Dublin West Home Help Ltd.
“Very good presentation and demonstrations. Good explanations. The trainer was passionate about Training.”
– D. Rooney
How to book
Other Courses You May Be Interested In
Manual Handling Instructors Course
Patient Handling Instructors Course
Patient Handling Course
Check out our other sites!