The Polish Manual Handling course provided by Guardian Safety is structured to teach attendees the theory and practice behind safe manual handling. To comply with Part 4 Chapter 2 of the “General Application Regulations 2007, Manual Handling of Loads”, which states that staff engaged in manual handling must be given training in the safe manual handling of loads.
Course Duration: 3-4 hours
Venue: C1 Centre Point, Business Park, Dublin 12
The training course can also be delivered at your premises at any time.
Click here to read a testimonial
Polish Manual Handling Training Course Objectives
On completion of this Polish Manual Handling course participants will be able to:
- -Recognise a load which is too heavy or awkward
- -Understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
- -Conduct a manual handling risk assessment
- -Lift and handle loads safely.
- -Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
- -Manual handling legislation
- -Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- -Principles of levers and laws of motion
- -Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- -How the body is harmed through incorrect manual handling techniques
- -Importance of physical fitness
- -Personal protective equipment
- -How to handle loads safely
- -Practice in safe manual handling of loads to include:-
- -Lifting to and from ground level
- -Lifting to and from a height
- -Lifting to and from a Bench
- -Team Lifting
- -Lifting bags/sacks or other loads appropriate to the workplace
Guardian Safety Trainers
Guardian Safety is a QQI registered training provider and all instructors are fully qualified manual handling trainers, having achieved Level 6 in the National Framework of Qualifications. All course instructors hold a of Train the Trainer qualification and are qualified safety practitioners holding at minimum of a Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety.
Participants per course Maximum of 12 participants
Who Should Attend
Any-one whose work includes Manual Handling activities i.e. the transporting or supporting of loads that includes lifting, putting down, pushing, pulling, carrying or moving of heavy or awkward loads, where those activities are likely to lead to back injury.
Theory test, followed by a practical assessment of safe manual handling lifting.
Refresher Training & Certification Validity Period
Refresher training is recommended at intervals not greater than 3 years.
Manual Handling Certification
Guardian Safety Manual Handling Certificates are awarded to all participants upon successful completion of course.
Special Instructions For This Course
Course participants should wear loose fitting comfortable clothing (trousers) and closed toe shoes.
Any special needs/requirements should be identified at time of booking.
How to book