Abrasive Wheels Training Course
This abrasive wheels training course is legally required for all those who are involved in the purchase & selection, storage & handling, mounting, dressing, and use of abrasive wheels. This includes either fixed (e.g. Bench grinders or polishers) or portable (e.g. angle grinders) abrasive wheels.
Next Course dates: October 23rd
Course Duration: 3.5 Hours
Times: 9.30 AM – 1.00 PM
Venue: Online Virtual – Live Videoconference
The Abrasive Wheels Training Course can also be delivered at your premises at any time.
This course is designed to instruct employees in the theory and practice of safe use of Abrasive Wheels to comply with the “Abrasive Wheels Regulations 1982” (SI 30 / 1982).
Abrasive Wheels Training Course Objectives
On completion of this training participants will be able to:-
- Safely store and identify abrasive wheels
- Be able to select the appropriate wheel use
- Be able to inspect and recognize damaged wheels
- Be able to mount an abrasive wheel
- Understand the hazards and risks when using abrasive wheels
Abrasive Wheels Training Course Content
- Abrasive wheels regulations
- Identifying the hazards of working with abrasive wheels
- Selecting the correct wheel for the job
- Inspection & testing of abrasive wheels
- Guarding of grinding and cutting operations
- Dressing and truing of abrasive wheels
- Functions of components, flanges, blotters, etc
- Differences between grinding and cutting operations
- Safe mounting of the abrasive wheel
Guardian Safety Trainers
Guardian Safety is a FETAC registered training provider and all our trainers are fully qualified Abrasive Wheels Instructors. All course instructors hold “Train the Trainer” certification and are qualified health and safety practitioners.
Maximum Participants Per Course: 8 max
Who Should Attend
Assessment is by a theory and practical test.
Guardian Safety “Abrasive Wheels Certificate” is awarded to participants on the successful completion of the course.
Refresher Training & Certification Validity Period
Refresher Training is recommended at intervals not greater than 2 years.
Special Instructions for This Course
Any special needs/requirements should be identified at the time of booking.
“Excellent insight into the dangers of using equipment on site and at home.”
– I. Brennan
How to Book
Book online Abrasive Wheels Course