Fire Warden (Marshal) Training Course
Next Course Dates: 11th of October
Course Duration: 4-5 Hours
Venue: C1 Centre Point Business Park, Dublin 12
The training course can also be delivered at your premises at any time.
Fire Warden (Marshal) Training Course Objectives
On completion of the Fire Warden (Marshal) Training Course, participants will be able to;
- -List their duties as fire wardens
- -Describe the chemistry of fire
- -Identify fire hazards in the workplace
- -Assist in the management of evacuation procedures and drills
- -Select and use the appropriate fire fighting equipment to deal with an undeveloped fire
Fire Warden (Marshal) Training Course Content
- -The mechanics of fire, smoke and dangerous gases.
- -Fire extinguishers, hose reel equipment and fire suppressants.
- -Incidents involving flammable liquids and gases.
- -Storage of flammable liquids and gases.
- -Common fire safety features.
- -Elements of compartmentation.
- -Means of escape.
- -Duties of the fire marshal in emergency, pre emergency and post emergency situations.
- -Hazard spotting and elimination of bad practices.
- -Methods of Evacuation
The Fire Warden (Marshal) Training Course has been designed to meet the requirements of both the 1981 Fire services act and regulation 9 of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work act 2005.
Guardian Safety Trainers
Guardian Safety is a FETAC registered training Provider and all instructors are fully qualified trainers having achieved Level 6 in the national Framework of Qualifications. All course instructors hold a minimum of Train the Trainer Qualification and are qualified safety practitioners holding a formal qualification in fire safety.
Maximum Participants Per Course 12
Who Should Attend
Employees designated in the employers Safety Statement emergency plans to act as Fire Warden / Marshals.
Assessment is by theory test.
Practical demonstration in the safe selection and use of fire extinguishers.
Refresher Training & Certification Validity Period
Refresher training is recommended at intervals not greater than 3 years
DVD and lap/top projector presentation are used. Fire Warden/Marshal notes are provided for each participant.
Guardian Safety Fire Warden (Marshal) Training Course Certificate is awarded upon course completion.
Special Instructions for This Course
Any special needs / requirements should be identified at time of booking.
How to book
Book on line
Fire Warden Testimonial:
“Very good, clear and precise explanations of procedures.”
– E. Gallagher – Pinwheel
Other Courses You May Be Interested In
-Basic Fire Safety
-Occupational First Aid