Fire Safety Manager Training Course
Fire Safety Manager Training Course Next Course Dates: March 4th
Course Duration: 1 Day
The training course can also be delivered at your premises at any time.
The Fire safety manager’s course is of one day duration and has been tailored to meet the requirements of both the “1981 Fire Services Act” and “Regulation 9 of the Safety Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005”. The course will take the learner through a range of fire management related topics covering legislation, record keeping, fire risk assessment, fire marshalling, emergency evacuation exercises, passive and active fire safety features, inspection and maintenance, hot work permits etc.
Fire Safety Manager Course Objectives
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- -List their duties as fire safety managers
- -List Service requirement for:-
- -Emergency Lighting
- -Fire alarms
- -Fire extinguishers/hose reel
- -Describe the chemistry of fire
- -Identify fire hazards in the workplace
- -Carry out evacuation procedures and drills
- -Select & use the appropriate fire fighting equipment to deal with an undeveloped fire
- -Carry out a fire risk assessment
Fire Safety Manager Course Programme
- -The mechanics of fire, smoke and dangerous gases
- -Fire extinguishers and hose reel equipment
- -Storage of flammable liquids and gases
- -Passive and active fire safety features
- -Elements of compartmentation
- -Means of escape
- -Duties of the fire manager
- -Fire risk assessment
- -Record Keeping
- -Liaison with the Fire Authority
Guardian Safety Our Trainers
Guardian Safety is a FETAC registered training Provider and all instructors are fully qualified trainers having achieved Level 6 in the national Framework of Qualifications. All course instructors hold a minimum of Train the Trainer Qualification and are qualified safety practitioners holding a formal qualification in fire safety.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for those with responsibility for Fire Safety Management within organisations such as Safety & Training Officers, Plant & Facilities Managers, Engineering / Maintenance Managers Company Directors, etc.
Assessment is by means of a Theory test.
Practical demonstration in the safe selection and use of fire extinguishers.
Refresher Training & Certification Validity Period
Refresher training is recommended at Intervals of not greater than 3 years.
DVD and laptop / projector presentation are used. Notes on Fire Safety Management are provided for each Manager.
Guardian Fire Safety Manager Certificate is awarded upon completion of this course.
Special Instructions for This Course
Any special needs/ requirements should be identified at time of booking.
How to book
Book on line Fire Safety Manager Course
Other Courses You May Be Interested In