Portable Appliance Testing PAT Testing Training
Currently not running
Course Objectives: Our Portable Appliance Testing PAT Testing Training Course is run in accordance with Regulation
- Test portable equipment
- Certify that portable electric appliances (including any cables and plugs) were, on the day of testing, safe and without risk to any persons coming into direct or indirect contact with the portable appliance.
- Report any faults with portable appliances that have failed the test and prevent them from being put into use.
- Legislation governing and Codes of Practice covering Portable Appliance Testing
- Health and Safety
- Portable Appliance Testing theory
- Visual inspection of portable appliances
- Determining Class I and Class II portable electrical appliances
- Testing Class I appliances, Testing Class II appliances, Testing an IEC lead, and Testing an extension lead
- Understanding fuse rating
- PASS / FAIL in relation to Portable Appliances
- Record keeping including portable appliance maintenance
- Plug wiring and general information about how electricity works
- Identification and labelling of Portable Appliances
Maximum Participants per Course: 6
Who Should Attend: Any personnel required to undertake practical inspection and testing of electrical equipment. This Portable Appliance Testing Pat Training Course is ideal for maintenance personnel
Assessment: Short theory test and a practical demonstration.
Additional Information: DVD and laptop/projector presentations are used. PAT Testing equipment will be used by course participants. It is recommended that you bring along your own equipment if you have it. This way the Portable Appliance Testing Pat Training course will be more specific to your needs.
Certification: Guardian Safety Certificates in “Portable Appliance Testing” are awarded to participants on successful completion of the course.
Special Instructions for This Course: Any special needs/requirements should be identified at the time of booking.